- Leading statement
- Players and parents/carers agreements for sessions
- Make sure we have a place for you
- Yearly schedules
- Academy sessions
- Footy Cubs and Tigers sessions
- Ladies’, Men’s and Wednesday/Thursday/Saturday Walking Futsal sessions
- Monday Walking Futsal sessions
- Subscription sessions sign on fee
- Subscription sessions refund rates when we cancel
- Subscription sessions failed payments
- Subscription sessions cancellation
- Subscription sessions long-term absence – payments and refunds
- Subscription sessions additional charges
- Holiday Club offers and cancellations
- General Terms
- Contract creation
- Contract cancellation under the Distance Selling Regulations (‘DSR’)
- Description of products
- Digital consent
- Protection and proper use of your data
- Use of website
- Our rights
- Intellectual property
- Compliance with laws
- Limitation of liability
- Entire agreement
We want you and your child to have a great time at the Sporting Trust, after all it’s why we’re here. As a not-for-profit organisation and a professionally run ‘business’ we have to balance session affordability with meeting the costs of our outgoings. We can only achieve this with your full agreement and cooperation of our terms and conditions.
By paying for a session or product you agree to our terms and conditions herein, and those of our payment agent WorldPay. It is important that you read and understand them.
1. WorldPay reserve the right to withdraw from or refund into your bank account in order to make payment balances correct, even after termination of your contract with the Sporting Trust. Please contact WorldPay in the first instance regarding such matters.
2. Unsolicited payments or overpayments to the Trust are regarded as donations. Within each quarter of a financial year they are used to fund projects for the benefit our members, and consequently cannot be returned unless you advise us within one month of your inadvertent payment. Your refund will be debited an administration fee (see “Subscription sessions additional charges” later on this page).
Players and parents/carers agreements for sessions
Parents/Carers also declare that they have:
– Provided full/correct medical and/or special needs information
– Given permission for our staff or our associates to provide basic first aid in the event of an emergency
– Given permission for our staff or our associates to take photographs of you or your child for our promotional purposes
Make sure we have a place for you
Before you book and pay you must check we have a place: email Info@SportingTrust.org. If there is a place, you’ll be given full details and invited to the session. If a pay-and-play place has been approved, then payment must be made before the session: find the product in our online shop. If you have a tryout for subscription or block of sessions, then payment must be made within 24 hours. Failure to do so risks losing your place and paying extra fees (see additional charges section below). Once you’ve paid for a subscription it’s assumed that you will attend all future sessions until you tell us otherwise. For children and youth people with mild special educational needs or a disability (SEND) please read our policy before booking any activity.
Session start and end times include set-up and pack-up periods. Players should use this time for personal warm-up and cool-down; just ask the coach if you need help with this. Players MUST be clear of the play area by the specified end time. It is sometimes the case that we have to wait for other groups to vacate facilities and pitches, and they may be late. Unfortunately this is beyond our control and we do apologise for these instances. If possible we will always add on any missed time, and we certainly complain to our facility providers when there are persistent offenders.
As an FA afiliate the Sporting Trust and its players are covered by the Bluefin Sport policy provided by the Suffolk FA. Click here to view the cover afforded and who to contact if you have a question or need to make a claim.
If Government or FA Covid-19 restrictions prevent sessions running we will advise you to stop your payments immediately. In this circumstance when sessions resume and customers start new subscription accounts we will refund all sign on fees. As per our standard Terms and Conditions any overpayments will be refunded only if claimed within one month.
Subscription payment terms are guaranteed for one month and may continue indefinitely. However, if the payment terms for a session are revised you will be informed by email and will be given the option to cancel without penalty or fees. Acceptance of any new terms will be assumed in the absence of query and continued customer payment. If increased fees are required for your session, because we can’t adjust the amount you pay, your subscription will be cancelled and you will be asked to start a new one.
Subscription based payments are favoured because they allow us to manage our costs more efficiently allowing us to keep our fees down. Monthly charges are calculated by dividing a year’s fee by twelve to give a monthly payment amount. Therefore, payments are collected every month regardless of activities running all the time, e.g. Academy sessions don’t run during summer holidays, but payments are still collected in August to ensure the full year’s fee is paid. See below when your sessions run through the year.
There is no tie-in period and you’re at liberty to cancel a subscription agreement at any time.
No. of sessions in a year: 39 (school term weeks only), i.e. 13 rest weeks:
- Spring half term – 1 week
- Easter – 2 weeks
- Summer half term – 1 week
- Summer holidays – 6 weeks
- Autumn half term – 1 week
- Christmas holidays – 2 weeks
Optional matches during school holidays require additional payment – fees vary.
Footy Cubs and Tigers sessions (including Saturday matches)
Mixed girls and boys: No. of sessions in a year: 50, i.e. 2 rest weeks at Christmas.
Friday girls-only Tigers: No. of sessions in a year: 32, i.e. rest weeks during all school holidays and preceding Fridays.
Ladies’, Men’s and Wednesday/Thursday/Saturday Walking Futsal sessions
No. of sessions in a year: 50, i.e. 2 rest weeks at Christmas.
Monday Walking Futsal sessions
No. of sessions in a year: 46, i.e 6 rest weeks on bank holidays and at Christmas:
- Easter Monday
- Early May
- Spring (late May)
- Summer (late August)
- Christmas holidays – 2 weeks
Subscription sessions sign on fee
The initial one-off sign on fee enables us to have a distinct charge for one-off costs and benefits; and for some sessions provide a complimentary playing shirt.
- Public liability and indemnity insurance, which protect you if you cause injury to other players or spectators, or damage to property (through Suffolk FA affiliation and registration).
- Personal injury insurance (through Suffolk FA affiliation and registration).
- Registration administration fee, which provides access to:
- Member discounts and offers on sessions, events, kit and equipment.
- The latest news and opportunities (provided by email and social media).
- Playing shirt in a colour or choice of colour as required for your session. Other kit is available from our online shop. Note that to represent the Sporting Trust in competition matching Sporting Trust supplied shorts and socks are insisted upon.
Subscription sessions refund rates when we cancel
Very occasionally through unforeseen circumstances we may have to change the venue and/or time of a session. We will always aim to minimise disruption, keeping alternative venues local and times ±1 hour. We view this as reasonable and don’t offer a refund in this situation.
If we are unable to change the venue and/or time of a session, a refund will be given; refund rates for subscription payments are given below.
- Academy PDC/GK-PDC £8
- Academy Futsal Elite £8
- Footy Mini Cubs £6
- Footy Cubs £7
- Footy Tigers £7
- Footy Tigers Matches £3
- Ladies’ Futsal £7
- Men’s Futsal £5
- Walking Futsal £5
Subscription sessions failed payments
Please don’t worry if you’re notified by WorldPay that your recurring subscription payment has failed, you can fix this yourself quite easily. It would have happened for one of two reasons:
- If your payment card needs updating, log into your WorldPay account to adjust your card details. If you do this within three days of the payment failure notice, your payment will be collected the next working day. To log into WorldPay you can either:
a. Use the link in the email that WorldPay sent you when you first subscribed,
b. Click here: WorldPay Shopper Management, to proceed to the payment card update webpage.
Note that if you have two subscriptions, you may have paid for both using the same card. If so, please repeat the card update for your second WorldPay account.
- If funds are needed and are made available immediately, you don’t have to take any further action. WorldPay will make three automatic attempts to collect the payment on three consecutive days, and so your payment will be made.
If you don’t update your card details or make funds available within three days, you’ll need to contact WorldPay by email or telephone to rectify your account. Click here for help from WorldPay.
If you’re unable to rectify your account directly with WorldPay (perhaps you’ve mislaid your account details, or too much time has passed for WorldPay to take back payments) our accounts team can help, but there is a charge for their work (see below). The accounts team can contact WorldPay on your behalf to cancel your subscription. You will then need to make a payment to the Sporting Trust for the missed fees and subscribe again to the session (the accounts team will advise you how to do this and refund your sign on fee).
Please don’t worry if you’re notified by Stripe that your recurring subscription payment has failed, you can fix this yourself quite easily. It would have happened for one of two reasons:
- If your payment card needs updating, log into your Sporting Trust account to adjust your card details. If you do this within three days of the payment failure notice, your payment will be collected the next working day.
Note that if you have two subscriptions, you may have paid for both using the same card. If so, please repeat the card update for your second account.
- If funds are needed and are made available immediately, you don’t have to take any further action. Stripe will make four further automatic attempts to collect the payment within seven days of the first attempt, and so your payment will be made.
If you don’t update your card details or make funds available within three days, you’ll need to contact us by email or telephone to rectify your account.
If you’re unable to rectify your account directly (perhaps you’ve mislaid your account details, or too much time has passed for Stripe to take back payments) our accounts team can help, but there is a charge for their work (see below). The accounts team can cancel your subscription for you. You will then need to make a payment to the Sporting Trust for the missed fees and subscribe again to the session (the accounts team will advise you how to do this and refund your sign on fee).
Subscription sessions cancellation
Notice of one payment period is required to cancel your subscription. This allows us to give your place to someone on our waiting list and helps us plan continued safe, appropriatate and effective sessions.
Subscription is due from the date of the first session you attended, regardless of the date you actually started paying. Therefore when notice is given to leave, your first session date is used to determine entitlement to remaining sessions, not your payment date, e.g. for a monthly subscription, if the first session attended was the 1st of the month, but payment didn’t occur until the 10th, then you will only be entitled to sessions up to the day before the 1st of the next month, not the 9th.
To cancel your subscription you must do two things:
- Advise the Sporting Trust your intention in an email to Info@SportingTrust.org.
- If your fees are collected by WorldPay, cancel your fee collections directly with them. Use your WorldPay online account to do this, the details of which were sent to you when you first subscribed. If you’ve mislaid your account details our accounts team can help, but there is a charge for their work (see below). OR
- If your fees are collected by Stripe, cancel your fee collections in your Sporting Trust online account.
Subscription sessions long-term absence – payments and refunds
We’re keen to help you through unforeseen events or those beyond your control. With notice and explanation we can normally support you in most situations regarding long-term absence due to injury, illness, or family crisis, etc.
Therefore if you need to miss several sessions, but don’t want to cancel your subscription and lose your place, just let us know. We can’t suspend your account but will consider a discretionary refund of your monthly payment. After agreement you must email us on the date of your payment to confirm that the refund is still required. Then keep us updated with your situation so we can determine the best way forward. There is a charge for this service – see below.
For longer term absence of over a month accounts will be cancelled, but you’ll be given priority for a place when you’re able to return.
Subscription sessions additional charges
We don’t think it’s fair to pass on the cost of transaction fees and time required to resolve missed or agreed absence refund payments onto all our users through higher subscription fees, so we make the following specific charges to the beneficiaries of these services. Note that charges will be deducted from refund payments.
- Late sign on charges. Pay-and-play session fees (see online shop) will be added to delayed payments each week. Sign on is required before or within 24 hrs of the first attended session.
- Subscription cancellation fee £12
- Inadvertent payment refund fee £12
- Agreed absence refund fee £5
- Second and subsequent monthly reminders of non-payment £12
Holiday Club offers and cancellations
For any Holiday Club offer you must book at least 21 days in advance. For 3 for 2 offer your FREE session will be the lowest priced. If you cancel your booking with 21 days notice you will receive a full refund. If you cancel within 21 days of the session we will not give you a refund.
We will take all reasonable care, in so far as it is in our power to do so, to keep the details of your order and payment secure, but in the absence of negligence on our part we cannot be held liable for any loss you may suffer if a third party procures unauthorised access to any data you provide when accessing or ordering from the website.
The technical steps required to create the contract between you and us are as follows:
- The contract will be concluded in English.
- You place the order for your sessions and/or kit/equipment on the website by pressing the confirm order button at the end of the checkout process. You will be guided through the process of placing an order by a series of simple instructions on the website.
- We will send you an order acknowledgement e-mail detailing the products you have ordered. This is not an order confirmation or order acceptance from the Sporting Trust.
- In the case of an order for kit/equipment:
- If your order is supplied by a third party courier, when your order is despatched we will send you a confirmation email.
- If your order is supplied by hand at your next session, we will not send you a despatch confirmation email.
- Order acceptance and the completion of the contract between you and us is taken as when we despatch the products.
Contract cancellation under the Distance Selling Regulations (‘DSR’)
In the case of an order for kit/equipment you are entitled to cancel your contract under the DSR if you wish, provided that you exercise your right and notify us in writing or other durable medium (e.g. email) no longer than 7 working days after the day on which you receive the products. If you have exercised your right in accordance with these conditions and your order has already been despatched, we will refund the original purchase price and delivery charge.
Please note that you do not have a right to cancel your contract under the DSR if you are contracting as a business, or if you have previously inspected the products. Furthermore, your right to return products does NOT apply to goods made to your specification.
Description of products
We will take all reasonable care to ensure that all details regarding products appearing on the website are correct at the time when the information was entered onto the system. Although we aim to keep the website as up to date as possible, the information including product descriptions appearing on the website at a particular time may not always reflect the position exactly at the moment you place an order. We cannot confirm the price of a product until your order is accepted in accordance with our order acceptance policy.
By making a transaction or ticking the “I agree” box in an online form you agree that we can take this as your ‘electronic signature’, and so be bound by the credit agreement and the terms and conditions stated on this website.
From time to time we will need to send you certain communications relating to the credit agreements which you hold with us. Where the law permits us to, we may send these communications to you via email using the email address Info@SportingTrust.org. These emails may contain pdf attachments. We may send these communications to you in respect of all credit agreements which you hold with us from time to time.
Any unanswered email communications regarding missed payments will ultimately be sent via post. It is important that you keep your contact details including your email address up to date or you might miss important messages from us. You can tell us if you want to stop receiving communications electronically by getting in touch with us directly at Info@SportingTrust.org.
Protection and proper use of your data
Please read these terms and conditions carefully before using this website, which is operated by:
Sporting 87 Educational Trust Limited: 5 Toper Lane, Bury St Edmunds, Suffolk. IP33 2AT.
07772 781404 | Info@SportingTrust.org | SportingTrust.org
These terms and conditions apply to the use of this website and by accessing this website and/or placing an order you agree to be bound by the terms and conditions set out below. If you do not agree to be bound by these terms and conditions you may not use or access this website. Before you place an order, if you have any questions relating to these terms and conditions, please contact us.
‘Conditions’ means these terms and conditions. ‘Product’ means a product displayed for sale on the website. ‘Website’ means the website located at SportingTrust.org or any subsequent URL which may replace either of them.
Use of website
You are provided with access to this website in accordance with these conditions and any orders placed by you must be placed strictly in accordance with these conditions.
You warrant that the personal information which you are required to provide when you register as a customer is true, accurate and complete and that you will notify us of any changes.
You agree fully to indemnify, defend and hold us, our officers, directors, employees, agents and suppliers, harmless from and against all claims, liability, damages, losses, costs and expenses, arising out of any breach of the conditions by you or any other liabilities arising out of your use of this website, or the use by any other person accessing the website using your account or personal information.
We reserve the right to: 1. modify or withdraw this website (or any part thereof) with or without notice to you and you confirm that we shall not be liable to you or any third party for any modification to or withdrawal of the website; and/or 2. change the conditions from time to time, and your continued use of the website or any part of it following such change shall be deemed to be your acceptance of such change. It is your responsibility to check regularly to determine whether the conditions have been changed. If you do not agree to any change to the conditions then you must immediately stop using the website.
You acknowledge and agree that all copyright, trademarks and other intellectual property rights in all material or content supplied as part of the website shall remain at all times vested in us. You are permitted to use this material only as expressly authorised by us.
Compliance with laws
The website may be used only for lawful purposes and in a lawful manner. You agree to comply with all applicable laws, statutes and regulations regarding the website and any transactions conducted on or through the website.
Limitation of liability
While we will use reasonable endeavours to verify the accuracy of information we place on the website, we make no warranties, whether express or implied, in relation to its accuracy.
We make no warranty that the website will meet your requirements or will be uninterrupted, timely or error-free, that defects will be corrected, or that the site or the server that makes it available are free of viruses or bugs. We will not be responsible or liable to you for any loss of content or material uploaded or transmitted through the website.
We will not be liable in contract, tort, pre-contract or other representations (other than fraudulent or negligent misrepresentation) or otherwise in connection with the conditions for any economic loss, any loss of goodwill or reputation, or any special or indirect losses arising out of or in connection with the provisions of any matter under the conditions.
To the fullest extent permissible under applicable law, we disclaim any and all warranties of any kind, whether express or implied, in relation to the products. This does not affect your statutory rights as a consumer, nor does it affect your rights under the DSR.
Nothing in the conditions shall exclude or limit our liability for death or personal injury resulting from our negligence or that of our agents or employees.
If any part of the conditions is deemed unlawful, void or otherwise unenforceable, then that provision shall be deemed to be severable from the conditions and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of any of the remaining provisions of the conditions.
No waiver by us shall be construed as a waiver of any preceding or succeeding breach of any provision.
Each provision of the conditions shall be construed as separately applying and surviving even if for any reason one or other of those provisions is held to be inapplicable or unenforceable in any circumstances.
These conditions govern our relationship with you. Any changes to these conditions must be in writing and signed by both parties. You confirm that, in agreeing to these conditions, you have not relied on any representation save to the extent that it has expressly been made a term of these conditions. Your statutory rights are not affected by these conditions. Nothing in this clause shall limit or exclude our liability in respect of any fraudulent or negligent misrepresentation.
The conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and you irrevocably submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England.