Youth Awards Event
Over 1000 players, family and friends attended the Club’s ‘marathon’ youth awards event at West Road Church on Saturday. The packed standing-room-only event progressed in three parts from 9 o’clock in the morning through to 7 o’clock in the evening, with over thirty youth teams and their individual players being praised and presented awards for their season’s efforts and competition successes.
Players, parents and friends ask ITFC Josh Emmanuel their questions
Ipswich Town FC defender Joshua Emmanuel gave a review of his career to date and answered audience questions throughout the day, to the delight of his fans and the appreciation of everyone who attended. We are extremely grateful for his time and effort.
In addition to player awards for each team: most improved, fair play, players’ player and leading goalscorer; a number of special awards were presented for outstanding Young Leaders and Sporting 87 Academy players.
The Club would like to thank everyone who helped plan, organise, and deliver what was an extremely enjoyable day, and we now look forward to more achievements in the new season.
Young Leaders Awards
- Young Leader of the Year – Lewis Taylor-Balls, for his support of team U13 Sigma, Academy session support, training evening general duties and community event support
- Young Leader of the Year Runner-up – Ben Wicks, for his support of team U13 Sigma, Academy session support, voluntary Academy match refereeing and community event support
- Commendation for Coaching – Stephen Clarke, for his support of team U10 Alpha
- Commendation for Outstanding Contribution – Harry Tricker, for his support of team U11 Zeta & U12 Omega
- Commendation for Outstanding Contribution – Rob Jones, for his support of Cubs and Tigers
Academy Players Awards
- Player of the year Primary Lower Age Section – Oscar Beardsley
- Player of the year Primary Upper Age Section – Will Harrison
- Player of the year Junior Lower Age Section – Oscar Lyons
- Player of the year Junior Upper Age Section – Mason Perring
Adult Awards Event
Around 100 players, coaches, staff and guests met on Friday evening to pay tribute to the high achievers and valued supporters who have contributed to the Club’s success this season. The event held at Bury Golf Club centered on trophy presentations preceded by a formal meal and followed by a speech by Cambridge United FC and Christians in Sport Director Graham Daniels. After which CUFC Academy Manager Matt Bonner joined Graham for a short question and answer session.
In attendance as a special guest Phil Lawler, Chairman of Suffolk FA, said, “It was also inspiring to hear of about all the great work the Club does to support all members, but in particular those younger members who at a key time in their lives are given life skills which extend way beyond the remit of a football club.”
Also during the evening another special guest Keith Norton, Chairman of the Suffolk and Ipswich League, presented the Club with the League’s Respect Award runner-up prize of £200.
Club Secretary and Football Development Director Jonathan Warnock who organised the events explained, “It’s been great to celebrate a fantastic season. Third position for our adult First Team in the SIL Division 1 is the highest level the Club has achieved. Cambridge United Director Graham Daniels has a long association with the Club and everyone was inspired by his words. Also, to have support from Joshua Emmanuel at our youth event, all through what was a very long day was a phenomenally kind gesture on his part.”
Club Sun Life of Canada Award for Exceptional Service
- Winner – Sam Marsden
Club Person of the Year
- Winner – Ray Balmer
- Runner-up – Darren Brown
Club Service in Adversity
- Winner – James Price
Young Player of the Year
- Winner – Jarrod Lebbon
- Players Player – Nick Drewery
- Managers Player – Floyd Croll
- Leading Goalscorer – Rob Pettitt
- Players Player – Byron King
- Managers Player – Ollie Chaplin
- Leading Goalscorer – Alex Scott-Ruddock
- Players Player – Joel Meredith
- Managers Player – Jordan Chaplin
- Leading Goalscorer – Nick Bailey
U18 Thurlow Nunn League Team
- Player of the Year – Jacob Jack
U18 Suffolk Youth Football League Team
- Players Player – Harry Williams
- Managers Player – Jacob Jack
- Leading Goalscorer – Angus Sadler