MORE THAN A GAME
Sessions with a social emphasis for young children, youths and adults.
For further details on our Community sessions see below. For schedule information and bookings see our online shop.
Themes of provision
- Fun, social and good for you
- Flexible for you
- Safe and organised
Community footy encompasses a range of activities and events. Sporting 87 provides individual events as well as a variety of regular ongoing programmes.
- Footy Cubs (ages 2 to 5)
- Footy Tigers (ages 5 to 7)
- Primary World Cup
- Summer Continuity Football
- Fun Footy Birthday Parties and Celebrations
Fun, social and good for you
Bring your friends or make friends, teaming-up for a game of footy has never been easier.
Excerpt from BBC Get Inspired:
Football provides a great variety of physical exercise as in a game a player will have to run, kick, dodge, sprint and jump. It helps increase endurance, promote agility, develop physical coordination and build muscle strength.
Players remain in constant motion, with about five miles typically run in a 90-minute, 11-a-side game. This effort burns approximately 630 calories. A study by the University of Copenhagen found that playing football on a regular basis boosted cardiovascular fitness, aided fat loss and reduced blood pressure.
As it is a team game, it is an excellent way to develop communication skills and learn to work effectively with other people. Football clubs also offer a variety of social events beyond simply playing the sport.
Flexible for you
There’s no obligation other than that set by you. The format can work around irregular attendance or periods of absence; just drop-in and drop-out when you want*.
Safe and organised
Fully trained and qualified staff ensure you can have a great time free from any concern. Leading the evening they make sure the sessions run appropriately, making sure everyone has the opportunity enjoy themselves.
* Most sessions are delivered in ‘blocks’, and payment is required in full for each block. However, by arrangement at the start of each block of sessions we will allow you to pay less if you’re going to be away for a holiday or other planned event, or you can take breaks of complete blocks without losing your place. Some of our sessions operate on a pay-and-play basis and therefore this arrangement is not applicable. Unfortunately we are unable to refund missed weeks due to sickness or injury due to our obligations to our suppliers made on the basis of your booking.